« Back to search results|
Fair Share Farm LLC
Contact: Emma Hendel, Elliot Seldner
Website: http://www.fairsharefarm.net, http://www.instagram.com/fair_share_farm
Last Updated: 01-21-2019
General Description: Fair Share Farm, LLC was established in the Fall of 2014 with the goal of growing the best food possible for the surrounding community. Located in the Piedmont of North Carolina, Fair Share operates on five acres in suburban Winston-Salem producing USDA GAP Certified greens, roots, garnish and other specialty items. We are dedicated to being kind to the land, maintaining a safe working environment, and continually improving our operation.
We use appropriate, well-maintained equipment to ensure the safety of our employees and our customers. Organization and sanitization are major components of all jobs at Fair Share. Excellent soil and good hygiene are the bedrock for customer service at Fair Share Farm.
Our produce is sold at local farmers markets, restaurants in Winston-Salem/Greensboro/Charlotte, small grocery stores, catering companies, and through our online farm stand for on farm pick-up.
Internship Starts: 02-01-2019
Internship Ends: 11-30-2019
Number of Interns: 2
App Deadline: until filled
Minimum Length of Stay: agreed term length
Meals: No meals provided - refrigeration and microwave are available for use.
Skills Desired: Qualifications:
- 2 year minimum experience working on a farm or related field (landscaping, horticulture).
- Clean Driving Record.
- Able to pass a drug test.
- Ability to read, write and perform arithmetic.
- Ability to lift and move 50 pounds, repeatedly for extended periods of time.
- Ability to bend and reach repeatedly for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work at pace in all weather and temperatures.
- Greenhouse management and maintenance.
- Experience growing lettuce, produce, herbs, transplants on organic farms.
- Farm equipment operation and maintenance (tractors, mowers, etc.).
- Carpentry, plumbing, general handy skills.
- Ability to organize and keep space tidy.
- Facility with Microsoft Excel, data entry, computer based work.
- Customer service and sales.
Educational Opportunities: Operating a farm effectively requires coordination between mind and body. While we are seeking farm employees in a functional sense, we are also seeking individuals with an intellectual passion for developing and maintaining profitable organic vegetable enterprises. We run our farm like an open book and we are always discussing the current progress of the farm as well as where we are headed as a business. Learning opportunities will be most valuable if new crew members are already bringing in work experience on organic farms.
Stipend: This is a paid, hourly position. $22,000 - $30,000 per year, depending on skills and experience.
- Health insurance cost share up to $75 per month.
- 40 hours scheduled paid time off per year.
- 2 paid sick days per year, with doctor note.
- The equivalent value of $25 of produce from the farm every week, pending availability.
- Assistance finding housing, if necessary.
Housing: We do not have housing available on premises; however, we are prepared to help find housing, if necessary.
Preferred method Of Contact: email
Internship Details: We are seeking self-motivated workers who are driven to grow the best food possible. An ideal candidate will already have experience working on organic farms and want to advance their career working within the field of sustainable agriculture. We are looking for individuals who are competitive in a team environment and are driven by results to progress the development of the farm.