Question of the Week
Answer: Thank you for your recent request for information from ATTRA, the National Sustainable Agriculture Information Service. I am pleased to provide you with information on plans for aquaponics systems.
Two authoritative guidebooks with details on system design and construction are:
The Aquaponics Guidebook
404.963.5998 or 404.421.1894
An online publication ($19.95 PDF download) covering the basic functional models of aquaponics, the potential for growth of a new industry, how to think about a contained balanced ecosystem, financial models and potential for business development, designing your own system (what you need to know), strategies for growing your system overtime, a step-by-step guide to getting your bacterial culture started, active links take you to key product websites, and a link to in-depth government knowledge bases about finance and science.
Aquaponic Food Production
Nelson and Pade, Inc
$29.95. The process, system components, system designs, daily operation and maintenance, and more.
Nelson and Pade, Inc
Detailed information on aquaponics, including instructions for building a mini-system available online at https://www.aquaponics.com/articles/buildminiaquaponics.php
Nelson and Pade also offers several systems for sale. Details are available at https://www.aquaponics.com/systems/aquaponicssystems.php
Southern Regional Aquaculture Center
Recirculating Aquaculture and Aquaponic Systems publications
The SRAC offers the following publications as free PDF downloads:
• SRAC 0451 Recirculating Aquaculture Tank Production Systems: An Overview of Critical Considerations
• SRAC 0452 Recirculating Aquaculture Tank Production Systems: Management of Recirculating Systems
• SRAC 0453 Recirculating Aquaculture Tank Production Systems: Component Options
• SRAC 0454 Recirculating Aquaculture Tank Production Systems: Aquaponics Integrating Fish and Plant Culture
• SRAC 0456 The Economics of Recirculating Tank Systems: A Spreadsheet for Individual Analysis
• SRAC 4500 Partitioned Aquaculture Systems
• SRAC 4501 Constructing a Simple and Inexpensive Recirculating Aquaculture System (RAS) for Classroom Use
« What information can you give me on when I should apply compost? :: What information can you give me on using molasses for weed control? »
No Comments for this post yet...