Home  > Question of the Week

Question of the Week

Permalink Where can I find equipment for producing soy flour?


Soy flour is made from whole soybeans that have been roasted and ground. Most soy flour is defatted to keep the flour fresh.

You can find detailed technical information on soy flour manufacturing and equipment at Another great place to get started is the International Soybean Program (INTSOY).

For equipment sourcing, INTSOY can assist individuals and organizations looking for soybean processing equipment and related supply sources. As each individual case is different, please contact INTSOY with your needs and they will contact you with some suggested sources. Contact:

University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
169 Environmental & Agricultural Sciences Bldg.
1101 West Peabody Drive
Urbana, Illinois 61801 USA
FAX: 217-333-5838

A good place to go for more information and technical assistance publications is the Soyfoods Center at (see listings for soy flour under "Bibliographies and Sourcebooks").

You may be interested in the U.S. Soyfoods Directory, a free resource that gives details on all known U.S. manufacturers and distributors of soyfoods. Call 1-800-301-3153 for a copy.



« Where can I find information about safely using raw milk in cheesemaking? :: Can mustard oil be used as a soil fumigant? »

Question of the Week Archives