Last Updated On: marzo 14th, 2022 at 07:53AM MST
Contact informationFarm Address:
1221 Red Ash Lane
Boulder, Colorado, 80303
Primary Contact: Eve Zhou
Internship informationGeneral Farm Description: Abundant Garden is a 5 acre farm in beautiful Boulder, Colorado that is dedicated to conservation. Long-term land infrastructure improvement (vs. annual vegetables) is our focus. Each year we plant hundreds of trees, bushes, and perennial based edibles for sustainable farm. Interns will get their hands dirty in tree planting, building and landscaping projects using repurposed materials, composting with mushroom, and practicing a zero waste life style. Regularly hours is M-F 5/8 hours ending in early/mid afternoon. Weekly free lunch is provided when we have local volunteers joining us.
CRAFT Member Farm? No
Internship Starts: March 20, 2022
Internship Ends: October 30, 2022
Number of Internship Available: 2
Application Deadline: May 30, 2022
Minimum Length of Stay: 1 month
Length of Apprenticeship: 1 month trial period to a whole season
(a) Lodging, utilities, wifi, two days off for 25 hr/wk. You may have outside work with approve; or
(b) $800/month, lodging, utilities, wifi, two days off for 40-45 hr/wk. This stipend may or may not cover monthly expenses for the apprentice based on his or her needs and lifestyle. The position does not allow time for a second job, so the apprentice should consider his or her budgetary needs before applying to this position. This is a single position and we are unable to accommodate couples, or families or animal at this time.
To apply, email us with answers to the following questions:
1. Have you worked on a farm? (if your answer is no, please describe any applicable work experience and explain why you think you would be a good farmer)
2. Describe your farm work experience and list your set of skills.
3. What will you contribute to our farm?
4. What do you hope to gain from your internship experience?
5. When things get hard, what do you do to take care of yourself?
6. Tell us something about yourself that you would like to share.
7. Full legal name, contact information.
Educational Opportunities: Permaculture methods, dry-farm, land management, zero waste
Skills Desired: Must love farming. Prior experience desirable.
Preferred method of Contact: Email