Field Manager KestrelHerbFarm
Last Updated On: marzo 1st, 2023 at 10:38AM MST
Contact informationFarm Address:
55 Lanzi Ledge Rd
Leicester , North Carolina, 28748
Primary Contact: Katie Grear
Secondary Contact: Mike Adams
Number: 828 545 7294
Number: 828 545 7295
Internship informationGeneral Farm Description: Organic medicinal herb farm, flower gardens and pasture. We have slowly transitioned our flower farm and event space into a production herb farm. We sell wholesale and small scale to herbalists, tea companies, local businesses and herb students. Farm is ~ 12 acres in cover crop, pasture, perennials and annuals. Beautiful, quiet valley in western NC. No housing available.
CRAFT Member Farm? No
Internship Starts: 3/15/2023
Internship Ends: 10/3/2023
Number of Internship Available: 1
Application Deadline: 3/13
Minimum Length of Stay: 6 months
Lead Farmer :
- Farm experience a must
- Supervise farm crew on tasks such as planting, harvesting, weeding, greenhouse work
- Trustworthy to work solo and manage your time wisely
- Coordinate with us to plan and schedule tasks
- Learn, practice, and teach the various systems in place to accomplish these tasks.
- Operate Tractor, Mower, other power equipment with training
- 4 days a week, Tuesday – Friday
- start day is March 15
- pay starts at $15 hr with quick increase depending on how it’s going
- open to learning and positivity a must
- Physically able to quickly and efficiently perform farm tasks in all outdoor conditions over a 8+ hour work day
Educational Opportunities: Educational op's include learning the ins and outs of a kinda new-ish medicinal herb farm and being able to absorb knowledge on pasture farming. Opportunities to learn about harvesting and processing medicinal herbs, such as making tinctures and getting to know the herb farm world. We are also always happy to talk flower farming too as that has been our background for the past 15 years!
Skills Desired: experience with tractor driving, changing implements, irrigation, adept use of hand tools
Meals: no, but Some perks are; being in a really beautiful, quiet place, getting free herbs and discounts on bulk herbs as well as grassfed beef.
Preferred method of Contact: email