Full Farm CSA – No-Till Market Garden and Full Diet CSA
Last Updated On: marzo 24th, 2021 at 08:16AM MST
Contact informationFarm Address:
25362 High Pass Rd
Junction City, Oregon, 97448
Primary Contact: RJ
Internship informationGeneral Farm Description: The Full Farm CSA is a program at Deck Family Farm that connects community members to a variety of local farms to provide local veggies, fruits, nuts, honey, meats, grains, baked goods, and raw dairy directly to their doorstep! We are currently expanding our ¾ acre no-till market garden to help provide year-round produce to our members.
CRAFT Member Farm? No
Internship Starts: continuous
Internship Ends: continuous
Number of Internship Available: 2+
Application Deadline: ongoing
Minimum Length of Stay: 6 months
The CSA Assistant is a hands-on position, responsible for helping with all aspects of bringing farm fresh-food to our members.
The areas the CSA Assistant will work in can include:
• Fieldwork in the garden
• Harvesting, washing, and packing produce
• Packing meat, grains, and CSA boxes
• Picking up product from our partner farms
• Making door-to-door deliveries using a company vehicle
Some of the goals this position helps to support are:
• Promote and encourage an upbeat, efficient workplace
• Provide members with local organic food of the highest quality
• Help to continue the legacy of regenerative farming
• Build community and support local farms
• Excellent driving record
• Self-directed and a willingness to help out where needed
• Ability to handle moderate-to-heavy lifting (50+ lbs.)
• Passion for farm-fresh local food
This is a flexible position and can be tailored to your interests and skillset.
Hours: 30+ hrs.
Pay: $13+ / hr. doe
This is a year-round position and may include working on Saturday.
To find out more about our farm and CSA program visit: https://deckfamilyfarm.com/full-farm-csa/
We will only consider candidates who follow these instructions:
1. Reply to this post with “CSA Assistant” in the subject line.
2. Tell us why you would be a great fit for this position.
3. List the last three places of employment, what your major responsibilities were, and the contact info for your supervisors in those positions.
We will not call references without your permission.
Educational Opportunities: On the job training, access to farmers and team members on a diversified livestock and produce farm, farm business training
Skills Desired: Eagerness and willingness to learn. Market garden experience is a plus!
Stipend: $13+ / hr DOE
Preferred method of Contact: email