Loven Fresh Flowers – Part-Time Flower Farmer
Last Updated On: enero 25th, 2023 at 08:15AM MST
Contact informationFarm Address:
Port Royal Avenue
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 19128
Primary Contact: Love 'n Fresh Flowers
Internship informationGeneral Farm Description: Love 'n Fresh Flowers is a 5 acre regenerative farm located in Philadelphia. We are dedicated to the production of specialty cut flowers. We use Korean Natural Farm, JADAM and no-till practices on a daily basis. We grow in the field as well as in two high tunnels and a greenhouse.
CRAFT Member Farm? No
Internship Starts: 4/1/2023
Internship Ends: 11/1/2023
Number of Internship Available: 2
Application Deadline: 3/1/2023
Minimum Length of Stay: Six months
PART-TIME SEASONAL FLOWER FARMER
An energetic, hard-working and thoughtful human who aids in completing the necessary day-to-day tasks at our flower farm. Position is seasonal and part-time in nature, beginning in late April and ending in early November, weather dependent. Position is for 12 hours a week in total: eight hours on Tuesdays and four hours on Thursday mornings. Previous experience in a bustling, physical environment (such as a farm or busy restaurant) and an appreciation for repetitive tasks and being on your feet all day is very helpful. We look for people who are organized, personable, enthusiastic about the work, enjoy creative problem solving, and have a sense of humor and positivity.
– Harvesting a wide variety of crops efficiently and accurately
– Learning proper stage of harvest and post-harvest treatment of all crops
– Weeding quickly and efficiently
– Moving and spreading compost and wood chips
– Washing buckets with good cheer
– Push mowing aisles and string trimming and weeding to maintaining deer fencing
– Spring planting and on-going succession planting throughout the season
– Assisting occasionally with delivery of weekly flower orders
– Understanding and performing safe and responsible use of tools and equipment
– Performing general operational duties such as cleaning the bathroom, trash removal, sweeping up, etc.
– Assisting with end-of-season farm clean up tasks such as removing crop residue, spreading mulch, etc.
– Must be able and willing to lift 40 lbs. regularly
– Must be able and willing to hustle and be on your feet all day
– Must be able and willing to work in all types of weather conditions, including high heat, humidity, and rain
– Must have a current driver’s license with a clean driving record
– Must possess effective and positive communication skills
– Must be goal-oriented and self-motivated in order to work independently on a regular basis
This position reports to the farm in Roxborough, Philadelphia (zip 19128). Compensation starts at $15/hr. with performance goals set to increase compensation quickly to $18+/hr. for the right employee along with year-end bonuses.
To Apply: Please send Resume and 3 references to email@example.com. Please put “Flower Farmer Application” in the subject line.
Please note: This position is not in any way involved in floral design. This is a position dedicated entirely to the hard work of farming. Do not apply if you expect to be creating floral designs.
Love ‘n Fresh Flowers, LLC is an equal opportunity employer who prioritizes employee well-being above profits. The five acre farm is located in Philadelphia and is dedicated entirely to the production of specialty cut flowers using regenerative farming practices. To learn more about the farm, visit www.lovenfreshflowers.com or find us on Instagram @lovenfreshflowers.
Educational Opportunities: This position is a paid crew member position and not primarily an education opportunity. However, we are always teaching and learning together at the farm. Team members learn about Korean Natural Farming (KNF) and JADAM, including how to make natural fertilizers. Soil health and microbiology are talked about frequently and experiments are on-going. Team members learn about the proper stage of harvest for flowers and postharvest treatments needed for delivering a high-quality product to our customers. Weed ID and pest ID will also be taught during this work experience.
Skills Desired: One year of farming experience is very helpful but not necessary.
Stipend: This is a paid opportunity starting at $15/hour and increasing for the right employee.
Preferred method of Contact: Email