Contact informationFarm Address:
415 Imlaystown Rd
East Windsor, New Jersey , 08520
Primary Contact: Mark Ginsberg
Internship informationGeneral Farm Description: Moonshot Farm is a specialty cut flower farm founded in 2019. We are primarily a flower farm but also have a small sheep and egg operation. We grow over 200 varieties of cut flowers with approximately 3 acres in production, have a bouquet-of-the-month CSA, and sell at a local farmers market and to florists.
CRAFT Member Farm? No
Internship Starts: March 2022
Internship Ends: November 2022
Number of Internship Available: 2-3
Application Deadline: January 15, 2022
Minimum Length of Stay: 8 months
We are hiring several farm hands to support our cut flower operations in 2022. Seasonal position running from March through Thanksgiving. This is a fast-paced and physically demanding role.
– Transplanting, harvesting, and weeding cut flowers
– Weekly mowing of living grass pathways
– Applying organic fertilizers and sprays such as compost tea
– General farm maintenance, including bucket washing, organization, cleaning out barn/cooler, irrigation repairs, etc.
– For interested candidates, potential to help at farmers market and you-pick events
– 2 years of crop farming/market gardening experience preferred but not required
– Interested in organic/natural farming, botany, horticulture, pest control
– Ability to lift 60+ pounds repeatedly, squat/bend, and be on hands & knees for extended periods of time
– Organized and quick to learn new tasks
– Able to use basic technologies like Google Sheets
– Able to commit to regular schedule, 20-30 hours/week, until Thanksgiving – we have a very small team and reliability is key
What We’re Offering
– Hourly pay starting at $16/hour (more based on experience)
– Involvement and training in a diverse range of projects
– Additional experience for interested candidates (e.g., helping with animals)
– Paid time off and fee reimbursement to attend one local farm-related conference
– Earned sick leave in accordance with NJ state law
Educational Opportunities: Diverse training in cut flower production plus additional experience working with sheep and egg layers, for interested candidates. Time offered to attend a local farming conference.
Skills Desired: Some farming/horticultural experience preferred but not required.
Stipend: Position starts at $16/hr
Preferred method of Contact: Email