Contact informationFarm Address:
406 Center Rd
Chimacum, Washington , 98325
Primary Contact: Rachel Covault
Internship informationGeneral Farm Description: Settled in the fertile Center Valley of Chimacum, Washington, Red Dog Farm boasts gorgeous views, salmon-bearing creek frontage, and prime growing conditions. We are certified organic and grow over 150 different varieties of vegetables, berries, cut flowers and plant starts on 23 acres. Our produce is sold locally at Port Townsend and Chimacum farmers markets, our CSA program, our fabulous self-serve Red Dog Farm Stand, and through various retailers and restaurants.
CRAFT Member Farm? No
Internship Starts: 4/1/20
Internship Ends: 12/18/20
Number of Internship Available: 4
Application Deadline: Rolling
Minimum Length of Stay: 4 months
Full Time: 40- 45 hours per week
Seasonal: April/May/June through Sep/Oct/Nov/Dec
Schedule: Monday- Friday, some Saturdays, includes 2-day weekends
We are looking for smart, tough and detail-oriented laborers to join our 2020 farm crew. There are several positions open, with a range of start and end dates. Ideal candidates will possess a strong interest in food and farming, enjoy working on a team, and be ready for a challenge.
Applications are reviewed as they are received.
• The primary responsibility is to harvest, wash and pack produce
• Utilize and update paperwork to record tasks completed
• Perform field work including but not limited to transplanting, hand weeding, hoeing, and moving irrigation
• Assist at weekend farmers markets, up to two shifts per month
• Perform some or most of the following non-field work: greenhouse work, plant starts, delivering, tractor driving and farm stand stocking
Background and Skills
• One season previous farm experience preferred but not necessary
• Flexibility and desire to learn new methods and farm systems
• Good communication skills
• Energetic, fun and motivated personality
• Excellent work ethic and positive attitude
• Conscientious and able to work with all kinds of people
• Strong back and knees
• Ability to work outside in all weather conditions
• Willingness to fully commit to the farm for the season
Compensation: $13.50 per hour, as well as veggies from our fields. Paid sick leave (one hour for every 40 hours worked.) Housing is not included. Employees who return for multiple seasons will receive an annual performance-based raise as well as an opportunity to increase/ refine responsibilities matching their commitment to the farm.
To Apply: Complete the Field Crew Application for Employment on our website: https://reddogfarm.net/staff/. Submit along with your resume to: Red Dog Farm, PO Box 402, Chimacum, WA 98325 or email@example.com.
Educational Opportunities: Learn the ins and outs of a locally respected organic farm.
Skills Desired: Previous farming experience helpful but not required.
Preferred method of Contact: Email