« Back to search results|
The Farm at The Cakebread Ranch
640 Clearwater Lane
Thayne, WY 83127
Contact: Martina Bello, Jen Bach
Website: http://www.thecakebreadranch.com/blog.html, http://www.thecakebreadranch.com
Last Updated: 11-05-2013
General Description: The Farm at The Cakebread Ranch:
Our integrated and rapidly expanding farm includes a two-acre + vegetable garden with greenhouses, a fruit tree orchard and lavender fields where we employ sustainable, biodynamic, organic farming methods in a peaceful and serene environment.
Internship Starts: March or April 1, 2014
Internship Ends: October 31 or November 30, 2014
Number of Interns: 2
App Deadline: open until filled
Minimum Length of Stay: 2 months
Meals: Farm vegetables included, food stipend possible.
Skills Desired: Requirements:
• Heavy Labor, must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
• Must be able to work outdoors in the elements for long periods of time.
• Positive attitude, team player.
• Excitement to learn and previous agriculture knowledge helpful.
• Efficiency and attention to detail in fast paced setting.
• Ability to work reliably and independently with strong initiative.
• Compliance with the Employee Hand Book and Intern Housing Agreement.
Educational Opportunities: Learn to farm organically and sustainably in high elevation farm environment; growing various varietals of many types of vegetables, fruits, flowers & herbs.
Learn how to sell to Farmer's Markets, Farm Stand Customers and Restaurants, and supply onsite restaurant.
Learn about farm planning and expansion.
Get involved in educational farm and food programs.
Stipend: Unpaid internship. Onsite housing or stipend available. College credit.
Housing: Housing Availability to be determined.
Preferred method Of Contact: email
Internship Details: Duties:
• Assist in seeding, transplanting, labeling, weeding, pruning, trellising, thinning, watering, harvesting, and pest control.
• Assist in preparing beds, mowing, digging, tilling, composting, and raking.
• Wash, sort, pack, and label all crops and orders.
• Prepare restaurant and farmstand orders. Prepare produce for sale at farmer’s markets and assist with sales and setup/breakdown of farmer’s market’s booth.
• Assist with farm building projects.
• Assist in everyday farm needs and record keeping.
• Help out on other parts of the ranch as needed.
• Maintain a tidy appearance on the farm, especially in the ‘demo garden.’