I’m a Farmer. When Do I Need a Lawyer?

By: Scott Carlson, Esq. Farmers’ Legal Action Group, Inc. Executive Director and Attorney at Law, with Andy Pressman, NCAT FRSAN-NE Project Leader
Published September 2021


On any type of farm or ranch, there may be times when problems are serious enough and the stakes high enough that farmers need legal advice. An experienced attorney should be able to explain how the laws affect a farmer’s individual situation, give legal advice on which choices best fit the farmer’s goals, draft the legal papers needed and, if necessary, represent the farmer in court, mediation, arbitration, or other proceedings intended to resolve disputes.

+ Want a Hard Copy?

Please send an email to pubs@ncat.org with your request.
Be sure to include your preferred mailing address.

Orders are shipped via USPS.
Shipping and handling charges will depend on the size of your order. Thank you!