USDA Announces Second Round of Assistance Payments for Organic Dairy Producers

USDA announced that it will provide an additional $5 million in assistance payments to organic dairy producers through the Organic Dairy Marketing Assistance Program (ODMAP). USDA’s Farm Service Agency has already paid out $15 million in the first round of payments for eligible producers, to help them mitigate market volatility, higher input and transportation costs, and unstable feed supply and prices that have created unique hardships. ODMAP applicants’ first payment was factored by 75%. USDA has determined that additional assistance is still needed and sufficient funding remains available, so the second round of payments will provide the remaining 25% of requested assistance to each eligible applicant. The second ODMAP payment is automatic, and participating producers do not need to take any additional action.