Flower Production Assistant – Dew Drop Flower Farm
Last Updated On: abril 13th, 2023 at 08:19AM MST
Contact informationFarm Address:
2920 Thorn Rd
Sebastopol, California, 95472
Primary Contact: Emily Leshner
Internship informationGeneral Farm Description: Dewdrop Flower Farm is a two acre, family-operated, specialty cut flower farm located in the beautiful Sebastopol Hills of Sonoma County, California. Founded in 2019, Dewdrop grows unique, beautiful, and highly-sought after seasonal flowers using organic and sustainable farming practices.
CRAFT Member Farm? No
Internship Starts: *Flexible* Mid April
Internship Ends: November
Number of Internship Available: 3
Application Deadline: Rolling
Minimum Length of Stay: Flexible
Flower Production Assistant
This is a part time to full time position from April to mid November.
Compensation is $16/hr and up depending on experience.
The Flower Production Assistant will work under the guidance of farm owner and operator Emily, who will provide thoughtful, and meaningful flower production education and training throughout the season.
This position will include all aspects of flower production from seed to harvest. This includes planting, weeding, plant care and maintenance, irrigation, greenhouse work and of course, harvesting. There will also be some post-harvest bunching and bouquet production depending on creative ability and interest.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities may include the following. All tasks will be done under the guidance of the owner/operator
- Harvest: harvesting a diverse array of flowers as instructed, bucket washing, keeping cooler inventory updated, bucket loading and unloading into vehicles/cooler
- Greenhouse: soil preparation for plug production, filling plug trays, sowing seeds, watering plugs and potted plants
- Field maintenance: weeding, installing plant support systems such as stakes for corralling or netting for trellising, drip tape removal.
- Field planting: planting plugs into the field, installing drip tape irrigation
- Bouquet production: labeling buckets, pulling and prepping floral ingredients for bouquet making, sleeving bouquets, bouquet assembly
- Cleaning: general cleanup of production areas that were used
The ideal candidate will possess the following traits:
- Be Prompt and reliable
- Hardworking, self-motivated and able to maintain an energetic pace whether working alone or with a team
- Possess a clear interest in organic flower production and farming
- Be a quick learner & possess solid memory skills
- Be adept at following instructions, asking for help when needed and being open to suggestions as you learn new skills
- Be able to work outdoors in all kinds of weather, and maintain a positive outlook when faced with challenging physical work
- Possess a sense of humor and positive outlook even on a tight deadline
Education & Experience:
Previous farming experience is preferred as is knowledge of and/or a love of flowers.
Please send a resume and cover letter that includes examples of why you are a good fit for our team. Please include two recent work references.
Educational Opportunities: Member of Association of Specialty Cut Flower Growers and North Bay Flower Collective.
Skills Desired: Farming experience and and interest in flowers
Stipend: Applicants are paid hourly
Preferred method of Contact: email