Seasonal Farm Internship
Last Updated On: noviembre 1st, 2023 at 01:32PM MST
Contact informationFarm Address:
3136 Parkview Avenue (mailing)
Cincinnati, Ohio, 45213
Primary Contact: April Pandora
Internship informationGeneral Farm Description: USDA Certified Organic working urban farm- production based farm business. Mixed vegetable, fruit, herb and microgreen crops.
CRAFT Member Farm? No
Internship Starts: May 15,2023 (some flexibility with start date for students)
Internship Ends: September 15,2023 (some flexibility with end date for students)
Number of Internship Available: 1
Application Deadline: May 1, 2023
Minimum Length of Stay: 2 months
Opportunity for seasonal educational internship to learn the farming trade for those wishing to learn urban farming or set up their own homestead in the future.
May 15th -September 15th 4 months (flexible start/end dates with student schedule)
Zoom meeting & onsite visit required prior to making internship commitment
Intern will work alongside farm crew and learn farming skills with the opportunity to practice and become proficient. Experience preferred in farming or other physical trade, but not required, just wiliness to learn. We operate a little over half acres of organic produce production in the city limits among 3 urban fields. Internship includes learning how to do seeding, transplanting, harvesting, packing out, weeding, trellising, nursery tasks, land management, irrigation systems, small animal husbandry, using hand tools, and working along with us in low tunnels, high tunnel and outside field beds. We incorporate National Organic Practices, permaculture, conservative tilling, cover cropping and no-till practices. The ideal intern can do physical work for hours at a time in various weather conditions and is nonsmoking/tobacco/vaping/marijuana or drug user who wants to learn farming and experience urban farming lifestyle.
- Onsite housing provided- private room in a shared family home
- All meals and snacks provided- 7 days a week, we can accommodate vegetarian and food allergies if needed.
- Transportation to our field sites is provided and often we invite you to 4H activities, and other educational farm & recreational activities
- Onsite laundry available
- Bike available for your use
- Metro bus transportation nearby, busses have bike racks on them
- Monthly stipend $400
- Internship is Monday-Thursday only, you have Friday, Saturday & Sunday to rest or to explore the city!
- Farm & health books available for you to read.
- Personal advising on business planning, financial management and healthy living are available to intern from hosts.
- Weekly one on one sessions assessing internship experience and setting weekly goals will occur with farm manager.
Educational Opportunities: Onsite instruction from farm manager, farm books, attending local 4H events, attending other local workshops on other farms or offered by County extension office or soil and water district.
Skills Desired: Previous farm experience preferred, or other job experience doing physical type of work. Farming is physical and you will be walking, moving for hours at a time doing various tasks with us.
Meals: Yes, all meals 7 days a week are provided. We eat meals together and cook for interns/family. Snacks are also provided.
Stipend: Yes, $400/month
Housing: Yes, a private bedroom in the house is provided. There is both heat and air conditioning, fully furnished. Free laundry onsite is available along with access to a bike and basketball hoop and wifi for use.
Preferred method of Contact: email or cell phone