Tasting Room Lead – Bainbridge Vineyards
Last Updated On: noviembre 1st, 2023 at 01:51PM MST
Contact informationFarm Address:
8989 NE DAY RD
Bainbridge Island, Washington, 98110
Primary Contact: Betsey Wittick
Internship informationGeneral Farm Description: At Bainbridge Vineyards, we are passionate about creating wine from the ground up. As a small, woman-led vineyard and winery, we’ve been growing grapes and making wine exclusively from our certified-organic vineyards since 2013. Located on 40 acres of shared farmland, we tend to rare and elegant varietals that thrive in the Puget Sound. We are the first Certified B Corp winery in Washington State, meeting high standards valuing social and environmental impact. We hand tend 8+ acres with the goals of caring for the earth in a sustainable way, promoting a healthy work- life balance, and creating a welcoming atmosphere for our local community. Our tasting room is open 4 days per week, Thursday through Sunday, 12-5 pm.
CRAFT Member Farm? No
Internship Starts: 03/2023
Internship Ends: -
Number of Internship Available: 1
Application Deadline: -
Minimum Length of Stay: -
The Tasting Room Lead is a part-time position to run our on-farm tasting room, provide excellent customer service and head up a small tasting room staff. The tasting room is where we get to share our farm-centered story and provide a comfortable and welcoming environment for people to enjoy our wines. We are looking for someone who is kind and efficient to help ensure the tasting room runs smoothly.
- Setting the monthly tasting room schedule and leading a small staff (including on-going training.)
- Keep things organized and running smoothly to ensure quality service.
- Establish a good rapport with customers and communicate our unique story.
- Keep tasting menus and website up-to-date, create signage, contribute to social media etc.
- Coordinate with the wine club manager to help run occasional events and vineyard tours.
- Phone & email correspondence.
- Communicate issues/needs (supplies, staffing etc.) to the owner.
- Excellent customer service experience and skills.
- Outgoing personality with good communication skills, ability to problem solve and exercise good judgment.
- Available to work on the weekends (Not required to work every weekend but must arrange staffing to cover.)
- Interest in cool climate wine and farming.
- Obtain MAST permit, be able to lift 50 lb and stand for long periods of time.
- Organized, meets deadlines with effective time management, can work independently.
- Computer savvy with ability to use basic design programs to create signage and marketing materials including Instagram, FB, Mailchimp, etc.
Approx. hours per week: 20-25, additional hours if events scheduled.
Compensation: Starting $18/hr, plus tips (average $5-10/hr. additional) and wine credit.
Additional work opportunities: We love it when our Tasting Room manager occasionally joins our crew in the vineyard (especially during harvest!) and for bottling days. Working in the vineyards will also help you to explain to our customers all that goes into producing a glass of wine!
To apply, please email your resume and a cover letter explaining why you would be a good fit for our team to email@example.com with the subject line “Tasting Room Lead”.
Educational Opportunities: -
Skills Desired: See qualifications
Stipend: See compensation
Preferred method of Contact: Email