Vineyard Harvest Intern
Last Updated On: junio 27th, 2023 at 10:15AM MST
Contact informationFarm Address:
14885 Shake Ridge Road
Sutter Creek, California, 95685
Primary Contact: Ryan
Number: +1 (619) 873-7121
Internship informationGeneral Farm Description: Shake Ridge Vineyard is a family owned and operated vineyard in Sutter Creek, CA. A little over 20 years ago, viticulturist Ann Kraemer meticulously designed SRV as a collection of small plots of different grape varietals (46 planted acres total). Thanks to the nature of the design, we can customize how we tend each block of grapes, allowing us to continually produce extremely high quality grapes. We pride ourselves on our collaborative, family-like work environment.
CRAFT Member Farm? No
Internship Starts: 8/01/23
Internship Ends: around the end of October (whenever harvest is finished)
Number of Internship Available: 2
Application Deadline: 8/01/23
Minimum Length of Stay: about 3 months
Shake Ridge Vineyards is hiring a Viticulture Harvest Intern to work in our family vineyard located in Amador County. The work can be tough, but you will find it to be an extremely rewarding experience. Come be a part of our family this season, we look forward to hearing from you!
Duties would be (but not limited to):
- Crop estimation and final crop adjustment
- Vineyard scouting
- Bird netting – application and removal
- Harvest maturity sampling and lab analysis including brix and pH
- Harvest – tractor driving, leafing, forklift and hauling small lots to wineries
- Other vineyard work as needed. This is a hands-on position, requiring long periods of physical work outside, each day.
- Occasionally working events hosted by the vineyard
- Pursuing or received an undergraduate degree in Viticulture, Horticulture, Enology, Agricultural Science, Soils, or other related field
- Have a good attitude, willingness to learn, good team player as well as an ability to work independently
- Strong communication skills
- Be willing to work extended hours outside in all weather conditions
- Be able to stand, bend, and walk for extended hours and be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Be able to or willing to learn to drive tractors, ATV, and forklift
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record
- Depends on experience and abilities
- Shared housing at ranch is included
- Several meals a week are provided
Educational Opportunities: You will learn everyday you are working the vineyard under Ann Kraemer.
Skills Desired: As stated in the internship description.
Meals: There are many free meals provided (but not every meal). Lots of free wine as well.
Stipend: Pay is $18-$20, based on experience
Housing: There is a very charming ranch house on site. Shared with the other interns.
Preferred method of Contact: email