An Illustrated Guide to Sheep and Goat Production
By Linda Coffey and Margo Hale, NCAT Agriculture Specialists
Sheep and goats are versatile animals and can be valuable and enjoyable additions to many farms, providing meat, milk and fiber products, as well as brush control and pasture improvement services. This 20-page, basic and heavily graphic introduction to sheep and goat production discusses animal selection, feeding, breeding and young stock, equipment and handling, and marketing.
This publication is not available in digital format. Please download a copy using the download button at right.
- Sheep and Goats: Frequently Asked Questions
- Sheep: Sustainable and Organic Production
- Goats: Sustainable Production Overview
- Meat Goats: Sustainable Production
- Dairy Goats: Sustainable Production
- Direct Marketing Lamb: A Pathway
- Livestock Guardian Animals: Protecting the Flock or Herd
- Managing Internal Parasites in Sheep and Goats
- Grazing to Control Parasites