In this episode of Voices from the Field, Martin Guerena, a sustainable agriculture specialist with the National Center for Appropriate Technology’s western regional office in Davis, California, speaks with Sean Feder, director of inspection operations for California Certified Organic Farmers.
Their wide-ranging conversation covers the certification process, the organic transition period, producers’ organic system plan, the cost of certification for small growers, climate change and other looming issues, as well as the future of organics.
Related ATTRA Resources:
- Guide for Organic Crop Producers
- Organic Standards for Livestock Production: Excerpts of USDA’s National Organic Program Regulations
- Organic Certification Process
- Organic System Plans: Field and Row Crops and Pasture and Range Systems
- Organic Standards for Handling: Excerpts of USDA’s National Organic Program Regulations
- Organic Considerations
- Organics in Pennsylvania
- Organic Regulation, Certification, Transition History
Contact Martin Guerena via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please complete a brief survey to let us know your thoughts about the content of this podcast.
You can get in touch with NCAT/ATTRA specialists and find access our trusted, practical sustainable-agriculture publications, webinars, videos, and other resources at ATTRA.NCAT.ORG. Learn about NCAT’s other cutting-edge sustainable agriculture programs.
Meet NCAT’s sustainable agriculture team. Connect with us on Facebook and Instagram!