Episode 212. Forty Years Later, Mr. Burch is Back on the Farm
In this episode of Voices from the Field, NCAT Sustainable Agriculture Specialist Asha Tillman shares the story of James Burch, who left Carroll County, Mississippi, for the military and other pursuits some 40 years ago. Now, he has returned to pursue his dream of starting Coleman’s Farm. As a beginning farmer, Mr. Burch is full of plans and advice for other beginning farmer veterans.
- Armed to Farm: Sustainable Agriculture Training for Military Veterans
- Farm Start-Up
- Beginning Farmer Tutorials
- A Beginning Farmer Tells Her Story
- Using an Excel Sheet for Farm Financial Records
- USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service Environmental Quality Incentives (EQUIP) Program
- USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service Wildlife Habitat Program
- USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service Conservation Work for Honey Bees
- How NRCS is Helping Pollinators
Contact Asha Tillman via email at email@example.com.
Please complete a brief survey to let us know your thoughts about the content of this podcast.
You can get in touch with NCAT/ATTRA specialists and find our other extensive, and free, sustainable-agriculture publications, webinars, videos, and other resources at NCAT/ATTRA’s website.
You can also stay in touch with NCAT at its Facebook page.
Keep up with NCAT/ATTRA’s SIFT farm at its website.
Also check out NCAT’s Regional Offices’ websites and Facebook pages!