In this episode of Voices from the Field, we meet new NCAT employee Elise Haschke, who is leading the development of a new program, “Climate Smart Agriculture.” Elise explains the “transformative moments” in her life that led her from a love of science and nature to studying nutrition and food systems, improving nutrition in school lunch programs, running farmers markets, and helping the City of Austin, Texas, reduce its food-related greenhouse gas emissions.
- Agriculture, Climate Disruption, and Carbon Sequestration
- Climate Change and Perennial Fruit and Nut Production: Investing in Resilience in Uncertain Times
- Farmers and Ranchers Are Neither the Cause Nor the Solution to Climate Disruption
- Climate-Smart Agriculture
- Climate Disruption, Agriculture, and Crop Insurance: What are the Connections?
- Payment for Ecosystem Services, Part 1
- Payment for Ecosystem Services, Part 2
Please complete a brief survey to let us know your thoughts about the content of this podcast.
You can get in touch with NCAT/ATTRA specialists and find access our trusted, practical sustainable-agriculture publications, webinars, videos, and other resources at ATTRA.NCAT.ORG. Learn about NCAT’s other cutting-edge sustainable agriculture programs.