Episode 257. Meet NCAT. Elise Haschke Talks Food, Farming, Climate, and ‘Moving at the Speed of Trust’
In this episode of Voices from the Field, we meet new NCAT employee Elise Haschke, who is leading the development of a new program, “Climate Smart Agriculture.” Elise explains the “transformative moments” in her life that led her from a love of science and nature to studying nutrition and food systems, improving nutrition in school lunch programs, running farmers markets, and helping the City of Austin, Texas, reduce its food-related greenhouse gas emissions.
- Agriculture, Climate Disruption, and Carbon Sequestration
- Climate Change and Perennial Fruit and Nut Production: Investing in Resilience in Uncertain Times
- Farmers and Ranchers Are Neither the Cause Nor the Solution to Climate Disruption
- Climate-Smart Agriculture
- Climate Disruption, Agriculture, and Crop Insurance: What are the Connections?
- Payment for Ecosystem Services, Part 1
- Payment for Ecosystem Services, Part 2
Contact Mike Morris and Elise Haschke via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Please complete a brief survey to let us know your thoughts about the content of this podcast.
You can get in touch with NCAT/ATTRA specialists and find access our trusted, practical sustainable-agriculture publications, webinars, videos, and other resources at ATTRA.NCAT.ORG. Learn about NCAT’s other cutting-edge sustainable agriculture programs.