This episode of Voices from the Field is the first of a new podcast series, “Lessons Learned on a Southern Farm.” In it, NCAT Gulf States Regional Coordinator Felicia Bell talks with Marguerite McClintock from Alchemy Farms and Plants in Huntsville, Alabama.
Marguerite discusses the lessons she has learned from operating her certified organic vegetable farm and from raising heritage and registered sheep, specifically Katahdin and Gulf Coast Native. She offers some tips and ideas that Alchemy Farm used to stay in business while maintaining the farm’s organic integrity.
Related ATTRA Resources:
- Tools for Managing Internal Parasites in Small Ruminants: Pasture Management
- Ruminant Nutrition for Graziers
- Organic Tomato Production
- Grazing to Control Parasites
- Small Ruminant Sustainability Checksheet
- Managing Internal Parasites in Sheep and Goats
Contact Felicia Bell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please complete a brief survey to let us know your thoughts about the content of this podcast.
You can get in touch with NCAT/ATTRA specialists and find access to our trusted, practical sustainable-agriculture publications, webinars, videos, and other resources at ATTRA.NCAT.ORG.