Episode 245. Starting a Farm: Review and Planning
This episode of Voices from the Field is part of “Starting a Farm,” an occasional series from Rockiell Woods, who directs NCAT’s Gulf States Regional Office in Jackson, Mississippi, and Bill Evans, director of horticulture at Up in Farms food hub in Jackson.
In this episode, their conversation focuses on the importance of reviewing the last growing season and planning the next, along with strategies and topics farmers should address in the process.
Related ATTRA Resources:
- Starting a Farm
- Starting a Farm: Soil Considerations
- Starting a Farm: Water Issues
- Evaluating a Farm Enterprise
- Financing Your Farm: Guidance for Beginning Farmers
- Planning for Profit in Sustainable Farming
- Basic Accounting: Guidance for Beginning Farmers
Contact Rockiell Woods via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please complete a brief survey to let us know your thoughts about the content of this podcast.
You can get in touch with NCAT/ATTRA specialists and find access our trusted, practical sustainable-agriculture publications, webinars, videos, and other resources at ATTRA.NCAT.ORG. Learn about NCAT’s other cutting-edge sustainable agriculture programs.