In this episode of Voices from the Field, NCAT Sustainable Agriculture Specialist Katherine Favor talks to NCAT Southwest Regional Director Mike Morris about a new series of irrigation guidebooks available from NCAT’s ATTRA program. Mike and Katherine discuss some common myths and misunderstandings about irrigation, the under-appreciated importance of soil health to irrigators, and some easy and inexpensive things every irrigator can do to save water, energy, and money.
Related ATTRA Resources:
- The Irrigator’s Pocket Guide
- The California Microirrigation Pocket Guide
- The Colorado Irrigator’s Pocket Guide
- The New Mexico Irrigator’s Pocket Guide
- The Texas Irrigator’s Pocket Guide
- Managing Soils for Water
- Soil Moisture Monitoring: Low-Cost Tools and Methods
- Sustainable Irrigation: A Beginner’s Guide
- Tracking Soil Moisture and Evapotranspiration: The Satellites Are Coming!
Please complete a brief survey to let us know your thoughts about the content of this podcast.
You can get in touch with NCAT/ATTRA specialists and find access to our trusted, practical sustainable-agriculture publications, webinars, videos, and other resources at ATTRA.NCAT.ORG.