In this episode of Voices from the Field, Margo Hale, Director of NCAT’s ATTRA and Armed to Farm programs, visits with Dr. Adam Ingrao, a beekeeper and educator in Michigan. Adam, a military veteran, talks about his farming operation and the programs that have been beneficial to it.
He shares how his military service and farming experiences led him to beekeeping. He also discusses the Heroes to Hives program, which reaches thousands of veterans each year, and he offers some advice for veterans who are interested in farming.
Related NCAT Resources:
Related ATTRA Resources:
- Veteran Resources
- Veteran’s Business Planning Tipsheet
- Armed to Farm Map Connects Farmer Veterans Across the U.S.
- Farmer Veteran Finds Passion in Horticulture Therapy
- Programs Focus on Farmer Well-Being
- Veterans Discuss USDA Programs
- From the Air Force to Alpacas
- Heroes to Hives
- Bee Wise Farms, LLC
- Farmer Veteran Coalition
- USDA Veteran Initiatives
- USDA Service Center Locator
- USDA Farm Service Agency
- USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service
- USDA Rural Development
Contact Margo Hale at email@example.com.
Please complete a brief survey to let us know your thoughts about the content of this podcast.
You can get in touch with NCAT/ATTRA specialists and find access to our trusted, practical sustainable-agriculture publications, webinars, videos, and other resources at ATTRA.NCAT.ORG.